June 24, 2020
As an insurance agent, you see so many different private health insurance options, that we understand that it’s hard for a client to make the right choice. What is really important when you choose an expat health insurance in Spain? Which conditions should you check? Which exclusions are acceptable and which ones aren’t? My favourite health insurance package is the Adapta + Sonrisa Esencial and in this post, I'll explain why.
10 Benefits of Caser's Adapta Expat Health Insurance Plan
1. Complete Coverage: It gives a very complete coverage with only a few exclusions for a very competitive monthly quote.
2. No co-payments: Except for 8 euros for a visit to the psychologist, you'll benefit from no other copays.
3. Dentist perks: Dentist cover is included automatically with important discounts and many free services.
4. Prostate Surgery: There is allowed robotic surgery following the Da Vinci system for prostate cancer.
5. Extensive Network of Providers: Extensive medical guide with doctors, specialists and hospitals
6. A Global Healthcare: Worldwide coverage in case of emergency cases (with limitations).
7. Special Discounts: Discounts on non-insurable services like: eye laser surgery, genetic nutritional test, or test to know if you have a lactose allergy, mother cell preservation, cardiovascular risk test, etc.
8. Few exclusions: One of the trickiest things about health insurance in Spain is figuring out the exclusions. Caser's Adapta has very few exclusions, less than most other insurance companies.
9. English speakers: Caser offers a special phone line from both agents and the head office where they speak in English.
10. Specialised in Expats: The difference between Caser and other health insurance providers in Spain? We cater to the expat market and are specialised in your unique needs.
Differences in Spanish Healthcare
Beside choosing the correct insurance company and package, it’s extremely important that the agent explains you the main differences in the way Spanish health insurances work compared to your country of origin. This prevents nasty surprises afterwards.
An example is that in many other countries, the health system is one and is not separated in two like here in Spain: the government and the private sector. That means that in other countries normally medication is included in their health insurance, something that isn’t the case in Spain with private health insurances. There are many more examples like that and at Caser Expat Insurance we try to inform clients as well as possible. That’s why we are specialised in insuring foreigners: to help them to contract the right insurance and know beforehand what will be and what wont be covered. Transparency is the key for a great client relation.
If you are searching for health insurance in Spain, Caser Expat Insurance has the right policy for you!